Brian Smith was born in Australia, where he developed his love of surfing. A chartered accountant, he studied at the UCLA Graduate School of Management, and with $500 of start-up money, he founded UGG Imports to bring sheepskin footwear to America. A passionate innovator and entrepreneur, Brian is one of the most sought after business leaders in the country today. As a media guest and inspiring speaker, he is committed to teaching his breakthrough business strategies to entrepreneurs and translating personal vision and spirituality into company culture.
Brian and I discuss;
- The motivation for business
- Bringing a trend from Australia to California
- Challenges he overcame in the early days like getting distribution for his product
- How exercise and meditation helps him manage stress in business
- How to create demand for a product that the market doesn’t necessarily know it “needs”.
- The brand re-alignment that created the tipping point for Ugg’s
- His four mantras for business.
- Important things to understand if your goal is to build an iconic brand
- and more…
The Birth of a Brand (book)
TubeBuddy’s channel management browser plugin helps content creators, brands, and networks save time and grow their brands directly from within YouTube.