Jesse Jones is the FIRST lawyer we’ve had on the show to try and help answer questions for you on why having a lawyer is important, how to best use that lawyer when starting your business and more. In 2006, he graduated magna cum laude with bachelor’s degree in exercise science from Eastern University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Jesse earned his law degree in 2009 from the Wake Forest University School of Law.
Jesse has been working with the Law firm Forrest Firm here in Raleigh-Durham which is my personal firm and why I thought it would be good to have him on and speak with you. Jesse and his firm are well grounded in the startup space and have a developing partnership with American underground a google supported co-working space that you’ve heard me talk about in the past. His areas of focus are Specific start-up counseling, seed, venture capital, and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, and the negotiation and structuring of a wide range of contracts and transactions. Jesse and I cover;
- His role at Forest Firms
- How you find the right lawyer?
- Some massive missteps you’ve seen others take in business?
Other Business Law Related Questions:
- The two most important legal steps you should take when starting your business.
- What to do when someone copies your content online.
- Pros and cons for common ways to structure your business.
- What you should know about starting your business in a different state.
- Tips for trademarking your brand and copyrighting your content.