I had the pleasure to sit down and speak with Gina McCauley who is one of the leading voices in this “new media” age. Known for being one of 2007 ESSENCE Most Influential African Americans (the same issue that Senator Barak Obama and Tyler Perry were in. Yeah…pretty big). She is the publisher of the blogs What About Our Daughters and Michelle Obama Watch, and she's also the CEO and organizer of the Social Media, blogging conference , Blogging While Brown.
What makes her so "focused"? They use to call her cheap, stingy or frugal. Now they just call her for advice.
Focused Spender was $65k in debt and got out within 5yrs and she's was willing to sit down and share some of her story and what helped her get out of debt.
· We covered why a personal budget was important and how to get out of debt.
· We talked about the Dave Ramsey 'Total Makeover' system.
· Should you start a business with debt and how much is ok?
· And more…!
Doug Sandler, top ranked Amazon author of Nice Guys Finish First, and co-host of the Nice Guys on Business podcast. This was a great conversation and a really good (Nice) guy to talk with…honestly!
· How do we have genuine relationships in such a technology connected world?
· How do we inspire clients and not sell to them?
· Choosing why not to be a part of a dog eat dog world
· How Zappos is getting it right
· And more…!
Dustin Zick is currently the Social Media Manager for three of the major downtown Milwaukee Hotels, and all of the restaurants within. These include, The Pfister Hotel, InterContinental Milwaukee & Hilton Milwaukee City Center.
We talk about the following and more.